- Bathing suit
- Sun Screen
- Mid-Weight Fleece.
View Gearhart by the sea in a larger map
|From Condo, Looking East (see Saddle Mt?)|
|From Condo looking West. (see Ocean?)|
|Car On Beach !!|
- A carousel for the kiddies. Lots of fun stores around it.
- Oh, a hat store !! I like hats ! One of our young adults got a very becoming red number there. I like red hats.
- A 50's style soda fountain, with over 50 kinds of soda. 10 that they make themselves !! Have a root beer float !!
- Ice cream Parlor with handmade ice cream. They only take cash!! That is the green stuff with pictures of old men on it.
- A penny arcade. That doesn't take pennies!! Or any cash. All of the games play off of these credit cards that you load up and then play. When you leave, give your not quite empty card to some young mom trying to keep her child amused. A cheap random act of kindness.
- Doogers. A fun restaurant with very good seafood. I had the seafood sampler because I couldn't make up my mind. My partner got the fillet wrapped in bacon. Dangit, I should have gotten that.
- The oriental store. They have samurai swords. And jade Buddha.
- Did I already mention the Arcade? I forgot to mention DDR. Now I know you are thinking “What does Double Data Rate Dynamic memory have to do with a trip to the Oregon Coast? This is very entriguing. Must explore this more. Perhaps he will explain the the mystery of CLK to CTL training and DQ DQS timing”. Well, Sorry, but what I am talking about is Dance Dance Revolution. The exciting and sliming skill and anime based game that is taking the the country by storm.... about 5 years ago. I was lucky enough to watch 2 sets of DDR players On the Pad. The first set were DDR NEO types and there were 4 girls doing the same pad (A front girl, a left girl, a right girl, and a back girl). But after they were done one of our newly minted adults got on the game grid and showed everyone HOW IT WAS DONE. She was something of a DDR Goddess. I don't think I could ever do it, but she did show me why many people think it is so much fun.
- There was this one store that my partner really wanted to go to and it was closed. But I am assured that it was wonderful and had lots of wonderful stuff. I saw very pretty knives and jewelry and brass kaleidoscopes. I am sure I could have spent money there if only it had been open. I tried to look up the name of the place, but can you believe that google maps drive by hasn't mapped the roads in seaside yet? So strange.
- Peddle cars. Rent one. See God.
|My Secret is out|
|Out driving on the beach|
|A Sand 75 Cent piece.|
|Oh, someone DOES pick up the dead crabs.|