Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Catherine Creek

Catherine Creek


This hiking area is right next to Coyote Wall. It has a very similar terrain but isn't quite as nice to hike on as Coyote wall.


Those are road made lakes, down there

That is scree fields from rock collapsing down the cliffs



Indian Paintbrush

Meadow Death Camas


All the little stuff is poison oak
blue belly lizard

I thought that there was only one true orchid in Oregon,
but I was wrong. Here is Striped Coralroot





 



AAAAAAHHHHHHHH




a ..... Chocolate Lily?

Hmm. On second thought, perhaps Checker Lily



It is a very similar steep walk up a rocky slope, with a drop-off to the East. And then it winds its way around the top and drops you back down what might be an old lumber road that eventually intersects with Catherine Creek.  Not a whole lot of stuff to see on the downward part of the hike through the woods. My Partner found a few nice (and unique flowers) but I was spending all of my mental energy staying out of the Poison Oak.

My Partner is a therapist and she says that I have a problem  with Poison Oak. I tell her that I have no problem with it since I stay the Hell out of it. Not sure my arguments are convincing her, however...

I guess My final on this hike is that if you really want to hike Catherine Creek, go to Coyote Wall.
Though, Looking back at my pictures, we did see a lot of unique flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment