Elk Creek Trail and Elk Mountain Trail Loop
View Elk Creek Trail to Elk Mountain Loop in a larger map
|Indian Paint Brush|
|Paint Brush and Harebell|
- a fleece or light jacket.
- Rain coat.
- 6x8 tarp
- sleeping pad (to sit on for lunch)
- Emergency Bivy (really just a space blanket sack)
- First aid kit
- Something to purify water (usually a filter).
- Extra socks.
- Compass and flashlight
- SPOT emergency locator beacon.
- and depending on the season: Stove and pot for making soup and tea.
|I told you it was raining|
|foggy view from the summit.|
|well, actually, that is the summit up there.|
|That is Kings Mt in the background|
|The fog is cooking up over the ridge.|
|This is looking North West.|
|Poor lonely Bear Grass against the fog.|
But we soon hit the end of the road. Now we are REALLY on the ridge. I mean, we are scrambling hands and butts up and down these rocks that are the ridge between Dog Creek Drainaige and Elk Creek Drainiage. There it is, steep to in both directions.
|oh look, Pain Brush !!|
|This looked a lot more straight up when I was climbing it.|
|Bear Grass on the summit. Cool|
|looking down on Wilson River Highway (and Wilson River)|